1. Under normal driving conditions once every 5000 km on the brake, not only to check the thickness of the remaining, but also checks the status of shoe worn, wearlevel on either side, easy return, and so discovered irregularities must be dealt with immediately.
2. Brake shoes made of iron plate and friction material is composed of two parts,never gone without the friction material parts to replace their shoes. Such as the Jetta's front brake, new film thickness of 14 mm, replace the limit thickness is 7 mm,including iron liner 3 mm thickness and friction material thickness of 4 mm. Some vehicles with a brake warning function, once the wear limit has been reached, instrument will alarm replace the shoe. Reached the limit of shoe must be replaced, even though it can be used for some time, would also reduce the braking effect, affect driving safety.
3. Replacing the brake pads to provide for spare parts, the only way to make brake between the brake pads and brake disc works best, wear minimal.
4. Replacing the hoof when you must use the special tool to brake cylinder back tothe top. Cannot use other crowbars and hard back so easily lead to bending brake caliper guide bolts, brake stuck.
5. After replacing, be sure to step on the brake to remove the shoe and braking disk space, resulting in the first leg did not brake, prone to accidents.
6. Brake shoes replaced, need to run 200 km in order to achieve the best brakingeffect, just changed shoes to be cautious